There are some things in life that are always good, even when they’re bad.
Chocolate chip cookies…
But when they’re good, they’re really good:
Fresh pizza after you’ve been drinking all night
Chocolate chip pudding cookies…
Now, these cookies are no drunk pizza, but they are some sort of wonderful. If you like soft little balls of cookie that feel like they’ve barely had the Salmonella baked out of them.
Then these are the cookies for you!
The addition of vanilla pudding to the mix makes these cookies nice and soft with a little extra flavor. I’m sure you could even switch it up with different kinds of pudding mix and have all sorts of options.
The limit does not exist!
I left the dough in fridge for more like five hours than one hour, which I think is was contributed to the cookies not really flattening out while baking. I’m sure if you left them in the fridge for less time they would be slightly less round or maybe just smash them down a little bit before baking if that’s a concern.
Also, chocolate chunks are totally the way to go. Always.
Chocolate Chip Pudding Cookies
Recipe adapted from Life in the Lofthouse
1 cup butter – softened
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1 small package (3.4 ounce) Instant vanilla pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 (11 ounce) package chocolate chunks
- In the bowl of an electric mixer cream butter and sugars. Add in pudding mix, eggs, and vanilla.
- Combine flour and baking soda in a small bowl and gradually add to the sugar mix until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Cover dough and place in refrigerator for about an hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Drop batter on baking sheets in approx 1 inch balls.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. They will still be slightly soft, but thats good. You don’t want to over bake!
- Allow to cool and enjoy!!