We’re two days away from Halloween, which in the retail world means “Oh hey, Christmas is practically tomorrow and the only thing to mention about Thanksgiving is how to prepare for Black Friday without going crazy”.
But since I’m lucky enough to work for a pretty awesome company with some pretty awesome people, our “don’t go crazy” planning is done in the form of pajama parties and potlucks.
Works for me!
I had about two hours to whip something up for the potluck after work and brownies had been on my mind.
Let’s be real, brownies are always on my mind.
For the frosting I used some Reese’s chips I had laying around instead of peanut butter, it tasted just like peanut butter though, so either works great.
There really were just awesome all the way around, but how can you go wrong with peanut butter and chocolate?
Flourless Peanut Butter Brownies
Adapted from Creme de la Crumb
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- Preheat over to 350 degrees.
- Prepare an 8×8 pan with parchment paper and/or non-stick sppray
- In a microwave safe bowl melt butter, 2 cups chocolate chips, and 1/2 cup peanut butter. Heat for about 1 minute and stir well. Return to microwave for about 20 seconds at a time until mix is melted and smooth.
- In a large mixing bowl add eggs, sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt, and melted chocolate mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- Once brownies have cooled, top with frosting.
- Cut and enjoy!
- In a microwave safe bowl melt 1/4 cup chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter. Heat for about 45 seconds – 1 minute, then stir until smooth.
- Drizzle or smooth over brownies.